*In the study, 2690 recent MI patients received Repatha®, 2254 of whom achieved LDL-C levels <55 mg/dl.
†25% RRR reported as the key secondary endpoint: composite of cardiovascular death, MI or stroke. HR: 0.75; 95% CI: 0.62-0.91; p=0.003. ARR: 3.2%; 95% CI: 1.2-5.2.
ACS = Acute coronary syndrome; ARR = Absolute risk reduction; CV = Cardiovascular; EAS = European Atherosclerosis Society; ESC = European Society of Cardiology; EVOPACS = EVOlocumab for Early
Reduction of LDL-cholesterol Levels in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndromes; FOURIER = Further Cardiovascular Outcomes Research with PCSK9 Inhibition in Subjects
with Elevated Risk; LDL-C = Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol; MI = Myocardial infarction; PAD = Peripheral artery disease; PCSK9 = Protein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9;
RRR = Relative risk reduction.
- Repatha® (evolocumab) Summary of Product Characteristics. Last revised: April 2020.
- Gencer B, et al. JAMA Cardiol. 2020; Online first. doi:10.1001/jamacardio.2020.0882.
- Sabatine MS, et al. Circulation. 2018;138:756-66.
- Pedersen TR. FOURIER (Further cardiovascular Outcomes Research with PCSK9 Inhibition in subjects with Elevated Risk). Focus on Cerebrovascular Disease. European Society of Cardiology Congress 2017. Late-Breaking Clinical Trial presented August 29, 2017.
- Sabatine MS, et al. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017;5:941-50 & Supplementary Appendix.
- Bonaca MP, et al. Circulation. 2018;137:338-50.
- Charytan DM, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019;73:2961-270.
- Giugliano RP, et al. Lancet. 2017;390:1962-71.
- Sabatine MS, et al. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:1713-22. Supplementary Appendix.